By Naranda Maha Thera
Read or Download A Manual of Abhidhamma PDF
Similar eastern books
This unique paintings makes a speciality of the rational rules of Indian philosophical thought, instead of the mysticism extra often linked to it. Ganeri explores the philosophical tasks of a couple of significant Indian philosophers and appears into the tools of rational inquiry deployed inside of those initiatives.
Montaging Pushkin deals for the 1st time a coherent view of Pushkin's legacy to Russian twentieth-century poetry, giving many new insights. Pushkin is proven to be a Russian forerunner of Baudelaire. in addition it's argued that the increase of the Russian and ecu novel principally replaced the methods Russian poets have checked out themselves and at poetic language; that novelisation of poetry is detectable within the significant works of poetry that engaged in an inventive discussion with Pushkin, and that polyphonic lyric has been completed.
Of their pursuit of a renewal of Jewish philosophy, a few students energetic in Spain and Italy within the moment half the 15th century (Abraham Bibago, Baruch Ibn Ya‘ish, Abraham Shalom, Eli Habillo, Judah Messer Leon) became to the doctrines and strategies of latest Latin Scholasticism. those philosophers, who learn Latin rather well, have been inspired via the theories formulated by way of their Latin colleagues (Albert the good, Thomas Aquinas, William of Ockham, John Duns Scotus and their followers).
E-book via Yamashita, Samuel Hideo
- Readings in Eastern Religion
- Zen light : unconventional commentaries on the Denkoroku
- Yellow Medicine
- The Essentials of Buddhist Philosophy
- Seeing That Frees
- Britain and the Eastern Question: Missolonghi to Gallipoli
Additional resources for A Manual of Abhidhamma
_______ (Form-Sphere Resultant Consciousness—5) 1. First Jhàna Resultant consciousness together with initial application, sustained application, joy, happiness, and one-pointedness, 62 2. Second Jhàna Resultant consciousness together with sustained application, joy, happiness, and onepointedness, 3. Third Jhàna Resultant consciousness together with joy, happiness, and one-pointedness, 4. Fourth Jhàna Resultant consciousness together with happiness and one-pointedness, 5. Fifth Jhàna Resultant consciousness together with equanimity and one-pointedness.
According to Abhidhamma there is only one type of consciousness accompanied by pain, and one accompanied by happiness. Two are connected with a displeasurable feel32 ing. Of the 89 types of consciousness, in the remaining 85 are found either a pleasurable feeling or a neutral feeling. Somanassa, domanassa, and upekkhà are purely mental. Sukha and dukkha are purely physical. 8 11. Diññhi— √ ‘dis’, to see, to perceive. It is This term is derived from usually translated as view, belief, opinion, etc.
2. 3. 4. 5. (Råpàvacara Kusala Cittani—5) Vitakka—Vicàra—Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà— sahitaü Pañhamajjhàna—Kusalacittaü, Vicàra—Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Dutiyajjhàna—Kusalacittaü, Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Tatiyajjhàna— Kusalacittaü, Sukh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Catutthajjhàna— Kusalacittaü, Upekkh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Pa¤camajjhàna— Kusalacitta¤ c’àti. Imàni pa¤ca’ pi Råpàvacara—Kusalacittàni nàma. 60 _______ (Råpàvacara Vipàka Cittàni)—5) 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Vitakka—Vicàra—Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà— sahitaü Pañhamajjhàna—Vipàkacittaü.